It was long ago that there were many bibliophiles (book lovers), nowadays we have more of on-screen readers. ‘How to bring the attention of the on-screen readers to your post?’ is the motto of this article.
We write online content! But is that content worth recognition? This is marked by the number of visits we get to our post. The heavier the traffic, the more celebrated your post is. Hereafter, we are listing the top 10 ways to get heavy traffic for your blog.
1. The best AD is a Good Product.
As the saying goes, if your content is good enough to grab and hold the reader’s mind, there is no better way to get the traffic around. You can make use of the given suggestions to make the best post possible.
Topic is an important ingredient!
- First and foremost is the topic of your post. Write about something people are really interested in knowing. Picking a great topic for your post gets you halfway through.
- Research and use the most appropriate keyword for the topic heading in order to get the most traffic possible. For your knowledge, Keywords are the words that the user may use to conduct the search that surrounds your post.
⇒ Use an appropriate tool, like Keywords Everywhere, to help you find pertinent keywords.
- As they say ‘A book is usually judged by its cover’. So, just finding keywords wont serve the purpose. Frame the headline of your post that entice the user enough to click on it. Also, make sure that your heading is specific, explaining the purpose of the post and the results it will fetch the user.
⇒ You can check your headline score with the help of some very smart headline analyzer apps. For example, CoSchedule .
Let’s get writing!
- Once you are through with forming the topic headline, you need to know about the expectations of the audience from your post. Are they looking for just a catchy headline or more handy information? Put yourself in their shoe and jot down a list to be kept in mind while writing your post.
- Start writing from the very first sentence. Introduce the concept through a quote, question, image or statistics to generate curiosity. Make the introduction part simple, relatable and interesting.
- Write an incredibly long and relevant post that explains and answers all the ‘ifs and buts’ of your reader.
- A long post doesn’t mean a series of boring paragraphs. Break the text and give attention grabbing subtitles. This will generate interest in the reader’s mind, even if he is just skimming through.
- To refine the readability of your post, ensure that you write short sentences with proper spelling and grammar. Work with bullets for lists to get them read.
Strike the readers!
- To get to the big word count is not the only objective. Above all, it is to increase the traffic to your website by holding the reader’s attention. If you want your reader to cling to the information you have given, use more of pictures, info-graphics and videos that captivate the reader.
⇒ Make it picturesque with striking images from sources that do not get you in copyright issues. One of my favorites is pexels.com.
- Apply a consistent design throughout the article. Keep into consideration the size and styling of images, links, subtitles and keep them alike. Structure the layout competently so that it clearly pinpoints the beginning and the end of each section.
- Lastly, if you are going to add a new post, break the monotony. Bring in variation in style, size and format of your post.
2. Optimize your post/website for Search.
An author should always write keeping the reader in mind. Having said that, it is also necessary to get your post noticed and listed by Search Engines. Therefore, the next step on the ladder is to influence SEO i.e. Search Engine Optimization.
- Use the ‘researched’ keyword in your post as many times as possible. Make an attempt to keep it in the opening and ending paragraphs of your post.
- If you append a picture, enter the keyword in its alt tag to boost the SEO of your post.
- Employ the technique of ‘linking’ to uplift the SEO. 2 types of linking comes into picture here.
Internal Linking: Create links to other parts of your post. As a result, user will be able to quickly access a particular piece of information in your post.
External Linking: You may also add links to other websites/posts/products that concerns the topic. These outbound links may get noticed by the product provider and they may link back to your post.
Just make sure the links always open in a new window. Nobody likes to be disrupted and redirected time and again.
- Give a short and crispy piece in the meta description of your post. To clarify, this description appears below the headline of your post in the search engine listings.
⇒ Boost your SEO and readability by making use of tools like YoastSEO.
3. Maintain the freshness of your blog.
- Experiment with the freshness of your content every now and then. Keep it up-to-date by giving a quick touch-up daily.
- Write often. The more you write, the more prospects to increase the traffic.
- Delete the obsolete content.
⇒ Get reviews from your readers by employing a suitable review & rating app such as Stamped.io.
4. Promote, Publicize, Advertise.
There are numerous platforms where you can talk about your post and consequently increase the traffic to it. Get your hands on them and just shout out loud!
- You can endorse your content on various social powerhouses such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. Consistently post on these websites to get noticed by masses. Use relevant hashtags to further increase the accessibility of your post. These sites can help you big time in getting the desired readership.
- Use E-mail marketing. Although email is an obsolete marketing gimmick, however it still generates inquisitiveness in masses, provided it is supplied with the best subject line.
5. Be Seen and heard.
Show your presence as an individual on some well known networks like Quora, Yahoo, Reddit and more. Contribute to their discussions, help answer the questions, leave comments and post sensibly relating to the topic. Talk about your blog, as and when required. These websites may act as top sources for driving traffic to your blog.
6. Go Guest Blogging.
Encourage famed bloggers to write for your website. Moreover, you can also go writing for other niche blogs. As a result, people may refer your blog in their writings which will eventually increase the traffic to your blog.
7. See the Statistics.
Analyse the traffic routing to your website by using Google Analytics. Regularly check and take insights from the statistics to build marketing strategies around it.
8. Build a Community.
It is always good to create a forum on your website that encourages conversation among your readers. Consequently, there will be a community of your readers exchanging views and reviews. This will fetch you the necessary feedback required to make your website more modern and updated.
Once in a while, you can also lure the audience to leave a comment in exchange of a gift or favor.
9. Test the readers.
Create a quiz at the end of your post testing the reader’s knowledge. Leave a delightful message with the result, whatever it may be. Attach the feature that lets the user share their result. In addition to a happy reader, it will gain you an insight on how efficacious your post is.
10. Allow Social Sharing.
Nowadays, people love to share. Ensure the availability of social sharing option for the common media platforms on your blog. A happy reader and a tremendous increase in traffic are the end results.