An element of style and status symbolism for some and a piece of investment for others – a Swiss made watch is truly a possession for all. Hit the list below to check out the top most brands that manufacture these rich quality timepieces along with details of their renowned creations on your hands.
1. Jaeger leCoultre
One of the most splendid Swiss watch creators, Jaeger leCoultre is recognized for being the most differently innovative in the industry. Since its inception in 1833, it has discovered the most coveted timepieces of the era. It makes sure that the device is crafted uniquely with beauty and detailing in a single dial.
Its timeless timepiece is the ravishing Master Ultra Thin Moon Enamel priced at $ 35,800.
- Limited edition of just 100 pieces
- Ultra Sleek design with super thin (10.04 mm) White Gold case
- Rounded shape with impressive detailing in 39mm diameter
- Deep intense midnight blue smooth dial
- 70 hour power reserve
- Mechanized Calibre 925 movement
- Longer hour markers
- Freshly designed moon phase with a shiny moon on a starry sky
Since Forever, Rolex is at one of the top four spots in the Swiss Watch industry. It was established in 1905, in London, and considered as the most name-checked brand in the luxury watch world. A big collection of plain and super precise watches crafted with painstaking attention is there to allure you.
Have a look at its magnificent GMT Master II in Oystersteel Watch priced at $ 9,250
- Emblematic precision displayed on 40 mm black chromalight dial making it easily readable
- Perfectly enameled to withstand corrosion and scratches
- 18 ct gold hour markers
- Supports 70 hour power reserve
- Automated movement through Calibre 3285
- Classic Oystersteel finish to last longer than expected
- Arrow tipped hour hand + a 2 colour bidirectional rotatable bezel
- A graceful five-piece link metal bracelet
3. Patek Philippe
Patek Philippe has been at the forefront of watchmaking industry since it was owned by the Stern family in 1932. However, it was founded back in 1839, and ever since it is internationally acclaimed for its complicated mechanics engraved in traditional styling.
Patek Philippe was the first watchmaker to create a timepiece that housed a perpetual calendar back in 1925.
One of its royal and timeless beauties is Calatrava Weekly Calendar 5212 A
- 40 mm of high complication engraved in fancy steel
- Highly legible letters and numerals
- Weekly Calendar with hands to display day and week number
- Silvery opaline dial displaying date in a small aperture and blackened gold applied hour markers.
- Light brown hand-stitched calfskin strap
- Water-resistant to 30 m
- Calibre 26 330 to produce self-winding mechanical movement
- Priced at $ 30,600
Omega, the time tested and consistently innovating watchmaking brand, is named for its coalition with NASA and being the official timekeeper at Olympic Games. Founded by Louis Brandt in 1848, it has always been the priced possession of many big names such as James Bond and George Clooney. Omega watches are remarkably crafted with innovation and fashion, blended in sync.
One of the specimens of their impeccable craftsmanship is delivered in Co Axial Master Chronometer Annual Calendar 41mm priced at $ 6, 880
- 41mm Stainless Steel Case with hard tungsten carbide bezel and blue leather strap, giving it a supremely elegant look
- Chronometer enabled with Annual Calendar
- Each month depicted on the facets and indicated by the central-hand
- Scratch-proof anti-reflective sapphire crystal on both sides
- Metallic blue constellation star just above the date aperture and blued faceted hands and indices
- Self winding movement through Calibre 8922 on a Pie Pan sun brushed grey dial
- 55 hours power reserve
- Up to 100 m water resistance
5. Audemars Piguet
Bringing revolution in the Swiss watch industry by designing timeless innovations, this brand was founded by Swiss childhood friends Jules-Louis Audemars and Edward-Auguste Piguet in 1881. The embedded glimmer and glamour of an Audemars Piguet watch entice the eye of every watch lover.
One such finest symbol of pure elegance is CODE 11.59 self-winding chronograph priced at $42,400
- One of the Hottest slims with ultra modern technology
- Deep blue dial (32 mm in diameter) and counters with logo embossed in 24 carat pink gold offering a perfect mirror finish
- 18 carat pink gold case housing curved gold indexes and single numeric figure at 12 o’ clock, pink gold hour markers and hands
- Anti-glare sapphire crystal and caseback
- Water resistant up to 30 m
- Lacquered blue inner bezel
- Self winding movement through Calibre 4401
6. IWC Schaffhausen
IWC has constructed some of the world’s finest masterpieces with artful designs, superlative precision, classic & unique finishes. Founded in 1868, it has a wide selection of high end luxury watches to tempt its international clientele.
A super precise timepiece with outstanding technology is Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Calendar Spitfire priced at $28,200
- 46.2 mm Bronze case that houses luminescent olive green dial giving this timepiece a vintage military look
- Rugged brown calfskin strap
- Transparent sapphire anti-reflective glassback
- Perpetual calendar displaying date, day, month and year in four digits
- 7 days power reserve
- 52615 Calibre mechanized movement
Piaget is a celebrated brand that has carved a niche by discovering watches that have a distinctive signature style. Crafted with finest high end material and assembled with scrupulous attention, a Piaget watch truly accrue in value. Since 1874, it excels in gem setting, engraving and enameling, giving deep elegance to all its pieces.
Altiplano Ultimate automatic watch priced at $ 27,300
- A graceful timepiece with 18 carat rose gold case set
- Black off-centre dial housing off-centered hours and minutes at 10 o’ clock
- Ultra sleek 41 mm round wristwatch
- Black alligator skin strap holding an ardillon buckle
- Water resistant to 30 m
- Self winding 910p mechanical movement
- 50 hours power reserve
8. Tag Heuer
Tag heuer is a globally acclaimed Swiss watchmaking brand, renowned for its timeless understated perfection in designing robust sports watches with timeworn technology.
Lets glance at the Tag heuer Carrera calibre 1887 priced at $10,250
- 45 mm of carbon fiber and steel case affixed with black alligator skin strap holding sandblasted titanium black folding buckle
- Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Black carbon dial with rhodium plated indexes
- Water resistant to 100 m
- Calibre 1887 automatic movement
- 40 hour power reserve
Montblanc was founded in 1906. It has made a name for itself by delivering some super stylish and functionally smart Swiss timepieces.
One of the rare findings of this brand is Montblanc Heritage Chronometer Automatic priced at $ 2,640
- Sunburst pattern on a silvery white dial with rhodium-plated indexes
- Sword shaped hour and minute hands and distinctive blue central seconds hand encased in 40 mm elegant stainless steel case
- Automatic Calibre MB 24.09 movement
- 42 hours power reserve
- Water resistant up to a level of 30 m
- Alligator skin strap in black with stainless steel pin buckle
10. Baume & Mercier
Baume & Mercier, a luxury Swiss watchmaker, has kept renewing its creativity and inventiveness since 1830. Founded by brothers Louis Victor and Celestin Baume, it is a subsidiary of Swiss luxury brand Richemont.
One of its luxurious inventive masterpiece in sporty look is Clifton Club 10501 priced at $ 21,300
- Ravishing satin-finished round bronze case in 42 mm diameter
- Features a black rotating bezel and brown dial
- Brown calfskin strap with pin buckle
- 42 hour power reserve
- Sapphire anti-glare upper glass
- water resistant to 100 m
- Displays date in an aperture on 3 o’ clock
These most-talked about watches of 2019, are surely going to get you all the attention, once slipped under the cuff!